2018 is worth reminiscing about, but only for a HOT minute…Because 2019 is going to be “pedal to metal” awesome sauce! (Lots of planning and big ideas happening now!)
So here’s the hot minute:
I got to meet so many NEW people in 2018, traveling all over the country doing something that I LOVE…helping educators do more with tech! We talked lots about innovation, edtech, the future, and “8th Grade Mustaches.” There was even a time when a group of teachers did the “Catfish Dance” with me!
Here’s some fun highlights from 2018!
- Made my first trip to Alaska! Worked with a super fun group of teachers, saw friends (Yo Tyler and Carrie!), and hiked a glacier. *Please be praying for my friends and others in AK, as they were recently hit by a nasty earthquake.
- Continued my work with 15 AMAZING school systems in Northeast Georgia, So Much Fun!
- Learned how to play Fortnite and lose within 3 minutes.
- Launched BrianKBuffington.com and added teacher tech tips, AKA “Buff Nuggets”!
- Became a Homemade Hummus making champion. (It’s so good!)
- Broadcasted the 2nd Annual “A Parent’s Guide to Raising Digital Natives” event on Facebook Live.
- Recorded and released my song “The Alapaha Blues” (The Catfish Dance) on Spotify, Apple Music, etc.
- Presented at the Future of Education Technology Conference in Orlando, FL…in January!
- Held the 2nd Annual “Camp Google” at Pioneer RESA in Cleveland, GA. A 2-day conference where teachers showcase creative student uses of Google Apps
- Mrs. Buffington joined the fun and is helping me spread my ideas and snazzy coat pictures all across globe.
- Made prescription glasses for the beautiful Kuna people of Panama.
- Took classes and got approved to become a foster home! Waiting on a call any day!
Enough of 2018.
Let’s bring on 2019.
See you guys there!